KEY WORDS : Foster collaboration. Promote innovation. Develop problem solving skills. Gives youth the skills they need to become leaders. Prepares youth to become the talent for tomorrow’s workforce. Develops youth to become socially conscious citizens. Empowering youth to learn, lead and create with technology. Instill a sense of confidence. Taught my students responsibility, professionalism, and provided them with a sense of pride in their accomplishments. Help children develop strong literacy, cognitive, and social skills that contribute to improved engagement in learning and educational outcomes. Discover joy in learning, become self-motivated, feel valued, and gain skills necessary to become leaders now and in the future. Inspires young people from diverse backgrounds to be fully engaged in both school and life so they have the opportunity and choice to pursue their dreams. Offers students an opportunity to exercise, use their imagination and focus. Ability to quickly and efficiently reduce stress, increase focus, and address a child’s attitude about their physical and mental wellness.
http://www.tiimiakatemia.fi/en/ (movie 8:39 English) In 1993 during the height of recession, where Finnish (from Finland) graduates were being educated for a jobless future a small revolution in education began.
- First thing said : Forget the school and forget the status of being a student
- We have total freedom of choosing what we want to learn. No lecture, no exams, we have only courses, just put your hands in the dirt, something will come out.
- Teams of students form and trade their own limited companies, the way to really learn from sales to strategy: from real business life experience. “It works for everybody here, If you feel you are really responsible for something, you make the best possible result”.
- Team coach has a really vital role to play in supporting the team and helping them develop. Relationship btween coach and students is firm and secure and honest. It creates an environment where it is ok to fail => people are not scared to try.
- Learning how to work in teams is key and part of every moment..
- Result: 47% of students are running their own business two years after graduation compared to the UK average of 4%
- Students are taking responsibility of their own life. They learn how to cope with confidence and flexibility, chaos and uncertainty. It is a riskier academic approach, things will not work perfectly but that is life.
- It is a pedagogy which is not resource intensive.